SLIPPING (IN AND OUT OF MY MIND)
©Copyright R.W. Montalbano 3.21.11
I thought about going crazy
But, I don’t have enough for the fare
What if I’m just too lazy
What if I just don’t care
Maybe I can just sit here
And go where I want to go
No one I know, will ever know
I won’t even need a T-Shirt to show
I was there
Slipping in and out of my mind
Sitting here, trying to write
The next line...of my life
On 623-The First 48
Goes by in just one hour
And the guilty just cower
...and cry
Everyone asks them “why?”
But they really don’t know
What if they’re just sitting there - Thinking about going crazy
What if they just don’t have enough - For the fare…
What if they’re just a little too damn lazy - What if they really don’t care
Maybe they just want to sit there
And go where they want to go…
I don’t know.
Why did you say....
All those things about me,
While I was turned the other way?
Did cutting so deeply
Make you feel better
For that one moment
In that one day?
Should I go away...or
Maybe just stay and go crazy
Would you loan me the change
For the fare?
Have you ever been there?
But, what if we just sat here
And talked this thing through?
Would that really mean something to you?
Would you like to see my new T-shirt?
###-
No comments:
Post a Comment